20090512

"I just don't get what happened."

We shared a beautiful winter together. December has always been good to me. Somewhere along the lines of our ill-fated relationship, we both became unhappy in our own ways. I wasn't what you needed, nor could I be. Everything we had ignored for so long had finally caught up with us.

I'll admit that being so quickly replaced felt like a slap in the face. I thought that if I lied to myself, it would ease the pain of the discovery. It didn't. As soon as I pushed the end button on the phone, I knew it was more than just the end to our conversation. I began to sob uncontrollably as you placed the finishing touch on my broken heart. I didn't sleep that night. How could I? I resolved that the only way I could begin healing was to remove you from my life until I was well enough to allow you back in.

As much as I'm hurting, I know the hurt isn't here to stay. Right now, I may be a bit bitter, but I'm not cold. Though it may not have been your intention to hurt me, the pains I have suffered by your actions do not diminish how much I still care about you. That is why I want you to be happy. Not because "I'm happy if you're happy," but because you deserve happiness, and so do I.

We'll be friends. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment